Do you live in Canada and want to launch new products, features, and services used by over 15 million fellow Canadians? Do you want to enrich Canadian lives by bringing world class shopping and selling experiences to their fingertips?
Amazon.ca is the Canadian gateway that brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon Canada Tech Team.
We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented, and hands-on Technical Program Manager to identify, build and publicize solutions to enable multi-regional experiences. Using a data-driven approach to prioritization is a necessary skill due to the ambiguity of the problem space. This role is inherently cross-functional - it requires close collaboration with Engineering, Operations, Business and Executive teams.
The right person will be a highly-visible leader and will own the communication, coordination and execution of a multi-year program vision. They can work with senior product and engineering leaders to define strategy and requirements. They can dive deep into technical details and ask engineers insightful questions about the services and dependencies they influence. They can clearly and concisely communicate trade-offs to both technical and non-technical audiences.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills - ability to clearly communicate high level strategy as well as technical details.
• Prior experience working on large cross org programs with extensive technical deep dive skills.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience driving technical strategy and architecture decisions especially for large scale data projects.
• Experience collaborating with Product, and non-technical partners.
• Track record for delivering quality products on time.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
• 7+ years of professional experience in Technical Program Management.
• Experience working with a diverse team of engineers, product managers, scientists, and senior leaders.
• Experience in non-technical aspects including business analysis (e.g., SQL) and process optimization.
• Experience with agile/iterative development and program management methodologies.
• Demonstrated passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, and robust technical solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive