Title: Universal Banker - Portage la Prairie, MB (22.5 hours, 12 months contract)
Requisition ID: 69422
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
Contributes to the overall success of the Customer Service and Sales teams in a Canadian Retail branch ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Key Accountabilities:
1. Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
2. Focuses on advancing the customer experience from the moment they enter the branch by:
- Acting as Lobby Manager, proactively engaging customers in conversation to understand their needs, mood, and sentiment and using the information uncovered to assess whether the customer should be referred to a Financial Advisor or whether their needs can be fulfilled immediately.
- Acting as an ambassador and advocate for the digital and self-service banking experience; offering coaching and guidance on digital banking options to help the customer complete their current transaction and/or help them complete the same transaction faster next time.
- Promoting the simplicity, convenience and security of our digital and self-service channels
- Creating a sense of continuity when introducing customers to Advisors by notifying Advisors of the customer's arrival, facilitating introductions, and conveying relevant customer information to the Advisor.
3. Identifies and closes simple sales opportunities by:
- Fulfilling simple sales which include Day to Day and Credit products, pre-approved payment leads (ie. Credit Card new/limit increase, Overdraft Protection, unsecured Scotia Line of Credit new/limit increase, Creditor Insurance).
- Escalating uncovered opportunities that cannot be fulfilled independently to an Advisor by facilitating appointments, communicating next steps and timeframes, entering all relevant information into the customer profile to ensure efficient follow-up, and communicating with colleagues as required.
4. Provides support to customers by:
- Taking accountability for issue resolution in a timely manner and using all available tools to create a path to resolution, clearly communicating next steps and timeframes to customers.
- Escalating issues that require additional resources to ensure resolution, taking accountability for next steps by referring the customer to the appropriate person or resource, entering all relevant information into the customer profile to ensure efficient follow up and communicating with colleagues as required.
5. Contributes to the quality and efficiency of Branch operations and maintains compliance with regulatory and internal Bank guidelines to minimize the Bank's exposure by:
- Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and policies at all times.
- Immediately reporting/escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the Assistant Manager, Branch Manager, Chief Compliance Officers and/or applicable Shared Services department as appropriate.
- Assisting the branch with daily operating activities such as ABM servicing, opening & closing procedures, and transaction authorizations.
6. Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
7. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
8. Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team. Functional Competencies:
Education / Experience:
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency operating tablets;
- Strong desire to learn about technological advancements in the area of mobile and digital technology, knows how to leverage information and individuals to meet customer needs;
- Working knowledge of Branch systems (e.g. Free Forms Teller (FFT as required), Branch IntraLink, Sales Builder, HR Passport, etc.) transactional services and associated procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Service Excellence Activities, sales activities & goals;
- Thorough knowledge of the Service Basics and the Customer Experience Model;
- Working knowledge of features & benefits of retail products and services as well as other business line/partner offerings (e.g. Wealth Management, Alternate Delivery Channel, etc.);
- Thorough knowledge of Branch routines & operating procedures; cash, custody and security processes and procedures; regulatory compliance related to Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF), Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements, Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC) and Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) as well as SSI.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable branch technology platforms and systems including self- serve technology/digital channel usage and registration/activation procedures;
- Understanding of customer life stage needs, customer segmentation and competitor offerings;
- Knowledge of credit/risk adjudication policies and processes and retail lending policies and processes
- Post-secondary university degree or college diploma preferred
Location(s): Canada : Manitoba : Portage La Prairie
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Banker, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance