Video Journalist - CityNews Winnipeg
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun?If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for aFull-Time Video Journalist!
Are you passionate about storytelling? Are traditional storytelling styles holding you back? Do you have the courage to be creative? CityNews is looking for you. We have an opening for a Full-Time Video Journalist on our CityNews Winnipeg team. What you will do...
What you will bring...
- Work with a dynamic team to produce creative stories which capture the daily life in Winnipeg
- Come up with original story ideas and produce original stories that you will shoot and edit
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition, emphasizing creativity over traditional methods
- Your stories will be digital first, and will also deliver for all platforms (radio and TV)
- A passion for storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- Ability to find original stories about people and issues which reflect Winnipeg's exciting and diverse communities
- Experience in shooting and editing
- A self-starter with a can-do, solution-oriented attitude
- An understanding of multi-platform coverage, not confined by a 'typical' television reporter package
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver for multiple, daily online and broadcast deadlines
- Because news never stops - you are prepared to work evenings and weekends
- Valid driver's licence and clean driving record
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ . Schedule:
Full time Shift:
No Selection Length of Contract:
Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location:
8 Forks Market Road (813), Winnipeg, MB Travel Requirements:
No Selection Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Winnipeg, MB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology