Are you interested in being part of a team that helps people injured at work return to work safely? We're looking for knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated vocational rehabilitation professionals to work as key members of our case management team.
We have opportunities available in our Courtenay, Nanaimo, Port Moody, and Richmond
offices. Please specify in your cover letter which locations(s) you prefer. We'll be reviewing applications on a weekly basis so apply today! What you'll do
You'll assess the impact of workers' injuries on their employment potential and quality of life, and determine what vocational rehabilitation benefits they're entitled to. You'll also provide vocational counseling and create vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work plans. Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for people who can:
Meet one of our current
- Assess employment barriers and provide vocational counseling to develop suitable return-to-work and vocational rehabilitation plans that may include work assessments, formal on-the-job training, job search and self-employment support, and job development activities
- Use sound judgment to weigh evidence, interpret policy, and apply discretion to determine eligibility and entitlement to vocational rehabilitation programs and services
- Apply organizational and decision-making skills to manage a complex, high-volume caseload
- Establish and maintain collaborative, professional relationships with various stakeholders, including injured workers, employers, and community health care providers
- Accurately manage rehabilitation expenditures
- Mediate and negotiate effectively to help achieve positive outcomes
vocational rehabilitation consultants to learn more about this job. Your experience and educational background
- A bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as disability studies, vocational counseling, rehabilitation counseling, social work, physiotherapy, psychology, occupational therapy, or kinesiology
- Four years of directly related experience in vocational rehabilitation counseling, career or employment counseling, vocational evaluation, vocational rehabilitation planning, employability assessment, or rehabilitation management
- A relevant professional designation is preferred. This includes Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP), Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor/Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CRC/CCRC), and Canadian Certified Vocational Evaluator (CCVE)
- An understanding of disability management and return-to-work principles and practices and vocational or psycho-vocational tests in the context of vocational rehabilitation
- Experience working in a computerized work environment with common computer applications, such as Microsoft Word
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel throughout the province and stay overnight is required
We'll consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your resume does not need to be limited to two pages and should provide details of all your work responsibilities for each position you've held. Please include the month and year you started and left each position and whether the position was full or part-time.
You must submit your application by 4:30pm on the closing date of the competition.
If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email the HR Testing Accommodation (SM) at the time you submit your application.
This position is part of our hybrid work model. Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries and diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
As part of our mandate, we have introduced an interim mandatory employee policy intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, and the public.
Effective November 1, 2021, WorkSafeBC will require all employees who interact in person with employers, workers, members of the public, or other WorkSafeBC staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In implementing the policy, WorkSafeBC will consider its obligations to accommodate those staff who are unable to be vaccinated.
We recognize that our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences, and which reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for. Our benefits
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary starting at $80,016, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work - and life. Learn more about what we offer .
If you're the successful applicant, we'll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act . At the time of offer, you'll need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once we receive clearance, we'll confirm your offer of employment.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying.
Banking, Finance and Insurance