Amsted Canada/Griffin Wheel is a 24 hour operation consisting of three shifts. While employees are placed on fixed shifts it is important that all candidates apply with the understanding that they will be placed on the shift where there is the most need, therefore the ability to work any shift is required. Overtime work will be available as needed.
The Wheel Inspector role will perform visual, ultrasonic and magnetic particle inspection of wheels for conformance to applicable standards and specifications.
- Sufficient knowledge of ultrasonics to work with defect code.
- Firm understanding of math and measurement equations
- Quality Assurance experience is an asset
New employees must
receive Level I certification in magnetic particle and ultrasonic inspection as provided by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing and required by AAR within eighteen months on the job. Training and certification will be provided.
- Properly mark wheels indicating defects.
- Record pertinent data on form related to wheel inspection.
- Perform periodic inspection on final line, visually checking stamping for readability and proper depth, chamfering, stenciling, bores, hubs, plates and pads. Check flange thickness and height by use of a flange gauge.
- Check overall appearance of wheel to make certain that it has been cleaned properly.
- Set up, change, or adjust equipment as necessary to assure correct inspection of wheels.
- Input information into computer to update inventories.
- May assist in breakdowns to resume production.
- Take wheel samples for analysis as necessary.
- Maintain inspection booth in clean and orderly fashion.
- Check tape lines on master tape line for accuracy when working final line.
- Check weight of wheels and keep record of weight, bore size and type when working final line
- Other duties as required.