We are seeking a Senior Design Engineer
to join our Bridge Group. This role provides technical leadership in the design and delivery of transportation projects, including: highway, transit, pedestrian bridges; retaining walls; culverts; over-height damage repairs; inspections and testing; and unique structures. Duties include project management, analysis, design, inspection, evaluation, cost estimating, tender document preparation, and construction technical support.A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Management of Complex and Standard bridge projects;
- Conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design of bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and other civil structures;
- Bridge inspections, assessment, and rehabilitation design;
- Quantities and construction cost estimates;
- Independent Review and Quality Assurance of designs and drawings;
- Specifications and contract document preparation;
- Review of shop drawings and field technical support of bridge construction;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a team of technical staff delivering transportation projects;
- Assist with leadership and expertise re: client management;
- Preparation of reports and proposals.
- Solid leadership and communication abilities, notably capable of inspiring, engaging, and influencing a high caliber team to drive to high performance levels and seize the opportunities presented internally and in the market, to the benefit of a wide body of stakeholders (including, but not limited to: clients, employees, shareholders, partners, suppliers, and society at large);
- University degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of bridge structures;
- Professional Engineer licence in Manitoba, or ability to register via a reciprocal agreement;
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in an engineering capacity on detailed design assignments for bridges;
- Superior technical understanding, design abilities, and current on bridge technologies;
- Working knowledge of structural analysis software used in bridge design such as CSIBridge, MIDAS, etc;
- Specific areas of expertise required are in the planning, preliminary and detailed design, and construction of bridges of standard and complex geometry;
- A thorough knowledge of current design codes (CAN/CSA-S6) and standards is essential;
- Experience with inspection, assessment, and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Experience with field review and inspection during construction;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively (verbally, written, and executive presentations) with internal and external clients and stakeholders, and build well-developed teams and positive relationships; and,
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.