Position Details: Title
- Co-op Student, Highways & Urban Roads Start Date
- May 1st, 2024 End Date
- October 25th, 2024 The Opportunity WSP
is currently seeking a Co-op Student to join our Transportation Engineering team, located in our Winnipeg office. This position will be responsible for supporting transportation projects primarily in a junior contract administration role working with a project engineer / technologist and other members of the project team. A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- On-site construction activities under the mentorship of senior field project managers and project
engineers / technologists. Tasks could involve supervising and documenting construction activities on site; ensuring Contractor compliance with Contract plans and documents; providing construction documentation support; and ensuring that the traffic accommodation strategy is being followed;
- Provide full-time construction supervision in support of the onsite Project Manager and project team;
- Communicate the intent of engineering specifications and drawings to the contractor;
- Maintain daily record of construction activities;
- Completion of mandatory safety protocols;
- Manage multiple priorities;
- Provision of construction layout and preliminary surveys under the guidance of project engineers /
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a valid Class 5 driver's license
- Enrolled in either 1st year Civil Engineering Technology with an interest in either Municipal / Geomatics Technology or 2nd and 3rd year students enrolled in Municipal / Geomatics Technology;
- Adaptable to a changing work environment
- Motivated, hardworking self-starter who can be a leader and work well independently or with a team
- Good coordination and technical writing skills
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management, detail orientation and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and be challenged
- Ability and willingness to travel within the greater Winnipeg area
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians